- 3.5 GPA (on 4.0 scale for High School applicant) or 3.0 GPA (on 4.0 scale for College applicant)
- Plan to enroll or be enrolled in full time undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college or university for the entire academic year
The selection board will evaluate applications considering the following criteria
- Prior academic performance, as reflected in grade point average
- Performance on standardized aptitude tests such as SAT and ACT
- Demonstrated leadership and personal attributes
- Applicant’s goals and aspirations
- Extracurricular activities, awards and recognition, special talents, and other noteworthy activities
- Recommendation from a teacher and/or coach
- Recommendation from a peer
- Community Service
- Work History
- Financial need
Tell us something you are passionate about and why in a 3-5 minute video speech.
Describe a specific experience and how that experience shaped you as an individual.
Adult and Peer Appraisal
Explain how the applicant has made an impact on your life or impacted others.
Upload your high school transcripts.
Applications will be accepted
online starting January 1 through March 15. The National Speech and Debate Association will notify the recipient of the scholarship by May 1.
The scholarship award
may be used for undergraduate tuition and fees only. Funds will be distributed directly to the school and split evenly between fall and spring semesters.
The Holland Family Legacy Foundation
will appoint the scholarship selection board. The selection board is not required to award a scholarship in a particular year if the board believes there are not enough qualified applicants. If the recipient is unable to accept the award, the board may select an alternate recipient.